Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where can i find a new crome front triple tree with a 5-8 deg rake for my 73 honda cl350?

i want to turn my bike into a rigid frame chopper so i am looking for info to do this on the cl350. I already cut the frame and have it stripped down to the motor only. I found weld yourself rigid kit on ebay (i will have a local welding shop do the work) but need more finishing info on it. I want to run a fat rear tire and switch front and rear out for disk brakes too. the goal is to keep it low to the ground. I got it with 4.25/85-18 rear and 3.25/19 fronts on it. I would like to go down in height both front and rear. For the rear i want something very fat . Something that would fill a nice size fender. I am betting if i go down in height the chain sproket on the rear wheel needs to be larger(any calculators for this?). I cannot find any manufacutes that make a all crome bolt on raked tripple tree for it 5-8 deg.



I have seen these peoples kits

http://www.chopper-kit.co.uk/ame-chopper-kit-installation.htm

but they have none for cl350'sWhere can i find a new crome front triple tree with a 5-8 deg rake for my 73 honda cl350?
You will have to have the triple clamp made because no one sells custom parts for that bike. If you want a smaller diameter rear wheel, you can buy 16" rim and spoke sets from Buchanan. http://www.buchananspokes.com/Excel_chrm鈥?/a>



By the way, if your new rear tire has a smaller diameter than the stock wheel and tire you will have a lower final drive ratio. This means better acceleration but lower top speed. To compensate, the rear sprocket would need to be smaller. Best bet would be to get a larger counter shaft sprocket if you can, but no more than 1 or 2 teeth larger than stock.



The only thing limiting the width of the rear tire is how wide your frame is. But keep in mind that if the tire is a lot wider than stock you will have interference with chain. This can be remedied, but it is very complex, not to mention expensive too.
  • magellan roadmate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment