Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sick of being the fat best friend?

I haven't been in a relationship since eighth grade. It lasted two weeks. I'm now 17; all of my good friends have boyfriends and I'm stuck being the third/fifth/seventh wheel when we go out.



I'm 5'0 and I weigh 175 pounds, with a 38DD bust. I have Hashimoto's Disease. My mother recently lost 45 pounds and claims that fat disgusts her. She consistently gives me **** for eating what I eat, even when it's soup. Now before you go grab your calculator to go check my BMI, save yourself the energy. I'm a size 14.



I'm tired of hearing the same six sentences on how to lose weight: water/exercise/food/surgery/pills/etc.



Help?Sick of being the fat best friend?
Okay, so I used to be over sixty pounds over weight, and I was really depressed about it. So I kicked my butt into gear. I usually ate about 3000 calories a day, but I dropped down to around 1000. You'd be REALLY surprised at how much of a difference just eating healthier can make. And cutting back 2000 calories might sound like a lot, but it's not bad at all. I just made small changes: instead of having more chips, I took more carrots, I cut out the cheese on the eggs, and instead of ice cream I had yogurt for a snack. The eating right I say is the hard part, because it takes TONS of self control, but once you get into it, it's easy.



Then I exercised every day. I'd ride an excersize bike for about half an hour--forty five minutes per day, then do 100 crunches. I'd do that in the afternoon. Then in the evening I'd walk around the neighborhood. Excersizing is TONS easier if you have music you can get into--you forget you're working out. Some days if I was sore or just lazy I'd only do the crunches and the walk. It's still extra movement (by the way--when I was overweight, the only excersize I got was gym class and walking from class to class.)



The thing I think REALLY made a difference was that I drank TOOOONS of water. Probably a gallon a day. Instead of grabbing a soda, I'd grab a water. If you don't normally drink water, you could buy some individual Crystal Light flavoring packets and it tastes like Kool-Aid without the sugar. Or if you really do need a soda, make it diet. I know Diet Dr. Pepper tastes IDENTICAL to regular. Also, switch your juice from maybe the 5% real juice stuff to the 100% real juice. That way when you drink it, you're getting fluid, but also a serving of fruit.



I did all that above, and within two weeks, my stomach was visibly smaller, my arms and legs were more toned, my face was thinner, and I'd lost ten pounds.



Over the summer, I lost fifty pounds, and I didn't have a muffin top anymore :]



Sorry for the long answer, but all of that REALLY works. I know you said you didn't want to hear the water/exercise/food thing. But I swear what I did worked.

Good luck.
There isn't much that can be done beyond water/exercise/food/surgery/pills/etc.. But you might be able to shed some weight if you try cutting down on the proportion of the foods your eating. I have heard that it takes your brain 20 minutes to get signals from the stomach the indicate it is full, which is why many people over eat. So maybe if you ate 3/4 of what you normally do, while eating slower, you'd still feel full but drop a few pounds in the process. Hope that that helps! Good luck!Sick of being the fat best friend?
your mom probley needs to lay off. she dont need to forget that she was 45 pounds fatter than she is now. be ur self. if god wanted u to b a size -00 then he would have made u one he didnt. most over weight people that turn skinny are mean and mad at the world because they have to whatch what the eat to stay that way. dont be lik that.



goodluck!!!
I'm in a similar boat (I don't understand why I use this expression.)

I'm 5'3 and 195 with 40DD's at age 16.

What I've done:

count the calories for one day when you eat as you normally do. Yes, it's a pain in the butt, but its worth it. Then take 15% of those calories, and subtract them. That's your new total of calories you should be eating to lose 1-2 lbs a week. If you're willing to sacrafice more, then subtract even more. Keeping track of your calories is helpful, because you can see what makes you lose weight.

Also, drink green tea. 3-5 cups a day can raise your metabolism by up to 50%. And never skip breakfast! It gets your metabolism going.

I also signed up at Self.com/challenge

It keeps track of your progress and gives great recipes and exercises.

Best of luck!Sick of being the fat best friend?
Oh, c'mon, don't be upset. You can still make it through to do dieting!



commenting about on what you said about "sick of how to lose weight" , Yes, i agree with u, why? Because people suggested you were most likely doing the myth of dieting, not the fact about dieting!



It surpised me at the 1st time I realised that it's true!



Why all you done didn't work - it's because you might don't think about how your organ work or the people made you think this way. You have to know and...... OK, I can't go further because I'm not an expert for this. But I can really feel wht you feel of your condition.



I give you url , read through the sea text to find how that facts about dieting are.
well have u tried the water/exresize/food? with your disease will make things harder for you but not impossible. you can still do it. what are all the medicines your takeing. Consider all the side effects! is the medicine really helping or makeing it worse make sure u know. only take whats really nessicary to feel better.



exersizeing is painful, but PAIN IS GAIN (gain as in gaining what you want(being healthy)) u gota go thru the pain to loose the fat. its worth it.



answer mine? its about whats your fav body type, pics inside! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Well I don't know if this well help but I know how you feel That was me in school to. I never had a girl friend and I was picked on all the time. But Now I have a wonderful girlfriend that I truly love and we have been together for over a year I'm still over Weight but I'm happy and that is all that counts. And I think you will find that once your out of school and the hole group thing goes away that life will get alot easyer I personally like thicker girls and I'm sure you will find a nice guy and be happy one day too. If you ever need to talk email me I will always be here for you.
You have to reach that breaking point where you dedicate yourself truly to losing weight. other than that, you'll continue to fail. I reached my critical point this summer and have already lost 20lbs from my high of 270! Just take it day by day or hour by hour if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment