Sunday, January 8, 2012

I got a $90,000 (Full ride) Scholarship to college. Which Car should I ask my dad to buy me?

Before you say anything, my dad has over $200,000 saved up and I've essentially allowed him to keep all of it. I'm not asking for an Aston Martin or a Ferrari, but a nice semi-luxury car around $60,000. What do you guys think about the following?





http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/m鈥?/a>


http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/v鈥?/a>


http://models.audiusa.com/s4-sedan





What options should I go for too?|||A Dodge Charger, Chrysler, Mercedes Benz|||Why not get something fuel efficient, safe, and not so expensive, like a Hybrid Honda Civic or something? Even the 2011's aren't 60,000 dollars....


my mom is VERY well off financially- she's got much more than 200,000 at her disposal. And I would NEVER ask her for a car that expensive. You're selfish for asking for that.|||Good for you getting a scholarship. Now, buy your own car. Your parents are not your personal check book. ---and FYI depending on what type of account he has it in he may not be able to do it anyway. 529 plans are for college and they will not release it to buy a car for some spoiled teen. I would never buy (no matter how much money I had) a brand new car for a teen. ever.|||To the first commenter, $90,000 will pay full ride for college depending on where you go. My tuition is only $11,000 a year so learn some facts first. Why don't you find a good car that has good gas mileage and is safe. Then take the extra money he gives you and personalize it.|||None. Buy your own car. Most colleges don't even allow freshmans to have a car on campus anyway.





But, to answer your question-get the beamer (Bmw). And you do realize you have to pay for insurance and gas as well, right?|||heh um i dunno what college your going to but $90,000 wont pay for all of college. i think your a brat, get a cheap car so youll have more money for school. im in college now and trust me its a lot more expensive then you think|||why do you need a "fancy" car for college??





there will be a 85% chance that some drunk frat guy will mess up your car bad|||$60,000. On a car. I'm sorry but all I can think right now is that you're a spoiled little kid.|||I like the 2nd|||I call troll!|||really i thought it was a $200,000 scholarship. you are spoiled rotten|||I like the first one.|||My lord. You are a KID! You barely have any experience driving yourself! If you don't wreck your car, someone else will- partying, drinking... Like the other answerer said, a drunk frat boy could mess it up, and mess it up really bad.





Get a Ford or something cheap but nice and affordable. You don't need a car that expensive. You sound like a spoiled rotten brat, asking your dad to buy you a car with his hard earned money he saved for your EDUCATION. You don't "essentially" do anything. That's your father's money that he's worked hard to create a fund for you. It's his money. That would be like asking him on any other day to buy you a car!





If you *must* ask for a car (even though most schools don't allow freshman to have cars on campus), why not one of these:


http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/


http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-family/





They both look like "semi-luxury" cars, but they're affordable and have lower payments. Insurance would be cheaper and it's probably more fuel efficient.|||ooohh CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome that you got a Full Ride scholarship. Congrats to your dad for having saved so much $ for you also.





You didn't say which car you're leaning to more but my order of preference is the audi, then the mercedes, then the bmw.





Find out about parking rules at your school first, freshmen usually get stuck with the worst or none.


I already know you're smart with school. Be careful going in as a freshman with such a nice car, people may just want to befriend you because of the car, misjudge you, or take advantage of you having such a nice car. Be especially weary of any romantic gestures. You're smart, stay smart, %26amp; responsible. No car payment %26amp; no school payment is like winning the lottery, be grateful for that. College does come with a LOT of added bills %26amp; expenses, though. Make the best of your degree, do not get into any other debts, and your future looks incredible.





Great Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment