Thursday, January 19, 2012

Small Boston Whaler = Lake Fishing Boat?

I have an 8 or 9 foot basic non center console Boston Whaler in pretty good condition. I want to turn it into a fishing boat. I would like it to be able to handle a large lake. I already have a motor and a trolling motor for it, but I want to transform it into a true fishing boat. Do you think it would work pretty well? As in fish, I mean largemouth bass and hybrids (stripers). If you do think it would work pretty well, what are some things I could add to it?? (It is completely bare of everything except a live well and two bench like seats in the middle of the boat)Small Boston Whaler = Lake Fishing Boat?
If you are an realatively calm waters, you should be fine.



Boston Whalers can actually handle very rough water, but they are not comfortable in such because they are flatbottomed.



My guess is that you will outgrow it pretty quick and wish you'd started with a larger boat to trick out.Small Boston Whaler = Lake Fishing Boat?
You could re-configure the boat to include Pedestal seats, aerated live well %26amp; such, but, i believe that your boat would be too small to make an adequate fishing boat, for an open lake, where you might experience some rough water

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this informative post that you have in here. Actually, it is very helpful information to those investors.

    ReplyDelete