Thursday, January 12, 2012

TV viewing distance.. could some one just tell me already what size to get :'(?

I am on the verge of buying a TV (gt30) yet I'm worried I'm going to buy the wrong size. I will be sitting approx between 6 feet and 7 and a half foot away (90")



I was first going to buy a 42inch, until I heard that a 46 inch would be better for the distance I was going to be viewing the TV from.

Then the TV shop salesman told me that 50inch would be better..

I then read on a website that sitting less than 9 feet with a 46inch will make the images look pixleated.

I went onto A techy forum and most on there said " A 42 inch would be more than fine and 46 would be pushing it.." I've now found a calculator site that I would be better off with a 50Inch...



I'm getting really sick and tired of reading SO many different conflicting documents/reviews/posts Can anyone PLEASE just tell me if I'll be okay viewing a 46inch TV at around 6-8 feet away? I don't care if I don't get 100% benefit but 90% would be fine.



Will I be able to tell the diff between 720p and 1080P?



Will I get the benefit of a bluray etc? I hardly watch TV (unless the world cup is on..) but I do watch allot of SD DVD (upscaled with ps3) and bluray.





I have been to a shop where you could test out diff viewing distance. However they had a HUGE window in front of the TV so looking at the detail was impossible.



Would I be better off with a 42,46 or 50inch TV? the 50 inch is WAY out of my price range tbh (I'm going for the GT30) and the 46 is out of my price range but manageable.TV viewing distance.. could some one just tell me already what size to get :'(?
I would suggest buying the 42in tv. Just remember the closer u are to a bigger tv the worse it looks. I have a 32in Samsung and I am about 5 feet away, but I does seem a little small. I also have a 55 lg led tv and I sit about 12 feet away from the tv. U could always talk to someone a bestbuy if you still have questions. Good luckTV viewing distance.. could some one just tell me already what size to get :'(?
Here's a viewing distance calculator that will take the guesswork out for you.



http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewi鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment